Foundations of Cryptography (Fragments of a Book)
This website provides access to the old fragments that are
currently superseeded by a two-volume
work (published in 2001 and 2004, resp.).
This website provides access to the old fragments of
my book ``Foundations of Cryptography''.
The fragments were written in 1991-92, posted in February 1995,
and slightly revised afterwards (lastly in February 1998).
Both versions are available from below.
The fragments have been extensively revised in Fall 1999,
towards the publication of Volume 1
of the above book. This revision is not available online.
Fragments available on-line
WARNING: The fragments available below contain numerous errors
(way too many to be listed), but none is really major.
- Preface, Organization and TOC of the 1995 version:
- The fragments themselves are available in six parts (PostScript files),
each part having two versions:
The one posted in 1995 (denoted v.o.),
and the 1998 revision of it (denoted rev.).
- Part 1 - Contents and Introduction:
- Part 2 - chapter on One-Way Functions:
- Part 3 - chapter on Pseudorandomness:
- Part 4 - chapter on Zero-Knowledge:
- Part 5 - the rest
- original plan for remaining chapters
- plus fragments of a chapter on Encryption:
- Part 6 - bibliography (compiled in 1989):
See also errors in the fragments
and what's new in the fragments.
Both files are not updated.
Additional material available on-line
Back to Oded Goldreich's homepage.
Copyright (C symbol) 1995 by Oded Goldreich.
Permission to make digital or
hard copies of part or all of this work for personal or
classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies
are not made or distributed for profit or commercial
advantage and that new copies bear this notice and the full
citation on the first page. Abstracting with credit is permitted.
This work may be published or be a basis for publication in the future.
Copyright may be transferred without further notice and this
version may no longer be accessible.