Personal web-page of Oded Goldreich
Not really personal
Following are personal texts I wrote on scientific
(or semi-scientific) matters.
- Letter read at a party
in Honor of Shimon Even, Nov. 2003.
- Email in response to call for stories
about MIT's LCS, March 2004.
- (Planned) Speech for a
Book Party at Radcliffe Institute, May 2004.
- Eulogy to Shimon Even, June 2004.
- Short essay on
my experience of being a gender minority,
- About myself
(information for the research community), May 2012.
- Research-Life Stories, Feb 2013.
- The most dull stories about Shafi and Silvio,
presented at MIT's Goldwasser-Micali Fest, Sept 2013.
- On the work of Shafi and Silvio,
at Weizmann's Goldwasser-Micali Celebration, Dec 2013.
- On the Legacy of Shimon Even, 2014.
- For Manuel
Blum's 77th Birthday, May 2015:
Take 1 and
- Highlights of Benny Chor's research
presented at his 60th B-day event, Feb 2017.
- Thanks to the participants and organizers
of the OdedFest
and final), Apr. 2017.
- Blessing David Peleg on his 60th B-day
[mp4], Aug. 2017.
- Vignettes of Benny Chor’s Research, 23 Dec. 2021.
- The Israel Prize Affair (2021-22), April 2022.
The heat in Israel [by the US Embassy, TLV]
[From The Hearing Trumpet, Leonora Carrington]
are available from
Starting 2012, I am posting photos mainly on my
In memory of lost places:
Jos ve Los,
Politics (enter at your own risk!)
In case you are curious about my political views,
but do note that in doing so you may subject yourself
to contents that may annoy you
(and that I'll assume no responsibility for your annoyance).
Politics and Academia (in Israel):
The administration of higher-education has always been part of public
politics. However, till the late 1980's the political powers in Israel
showed little interest in the administration of higher-education and
left it to the universities themselves. Things have changed since then,
and so addressing these changes is called for. My feeling is that
posting opinions on these issues seems less controvertial than
the foregoing general political posting.
In any case, see my page of
opinions on politics and academia.
Back to Oded Goldreich's homepage.